Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ezri Connors
#1
Ezri Lapis Connors
The ill mannered sailor hides a keen mind;
willing to do whatever’s necessary for her family.
[Image: ezri21.jpg]
Ezri is currently: Raising too kids and managing a inn with her husband.
Birth Name: Ezrita May Korith (Not known to Ezri)
AKA: "The Dread Pirate Lapis" "Cap'n" "Cap'n Ezri" "Cap'n Connors" "Pirate Bitch"
Age: 32 Years old
Gender: Female
Birthday: 30th
Race: Mesalian
Wedding Anniversary: 2nd (020113)
Bishop's Birthday: 1st
Lapis's Birthday: 6th
Rook's Birthday: 29th

Appearance:
Standing at 5'4", with unevenly chopped, wild platinum blonde hair and dark moss green eyes. She'€™s thin but what meat she has is muscle. Ezri has a smaller bust, fitting for someone of her petite size, so while not being very voluptuous she does have a decent curve to her hip. Her skin is naturally a healthy tan, often darkened from being outside all the time and sunbathing when the mood strikes her.

Scars:
  • Set of three small puncture wounds on back of thigh - Fishing accident with a trident on rain soaked deck.
  • Wide gash scar on hip - Injured trying to defend dying captain during mutiny.
  • Crises-crossing lash marks from shoulders to tailbone - Flogged after being caught in minor civil conflict.
  • Lightning shaped raised burn spreading out from below left shoulder blade - Struck by lightning shortly after arriving in Auria.
  • Small faded scar across right shoulder - Duskspawn arrow.
  • Small square puncture wound below last left rib - Poisoned by Allison while breaking & entering and stealing.
  • High slice across both thighs - By Zark while Ezri was resisting arrest.
  • Large jagged scar that's mirrored on either side of forearm - Arrow through arm from Darren.
  • Slightly arching scar over shoulder - Assaulted by Daniella shortly after losing use of right hand.
  • Wide by shallow arrow shaped scar - Knife thrown into arm by Darren.
  • Chip in right ear - Broken glass from bottle thrown at head by brewmaster that taught Rook.
  • Layered gashes around right ankle - Duskspawn claws trying to pull her into the hull of an old wrecked ship.
  • Jaggid bite below puncture wound just above hip - Nearly eaten by duskspawn.
  • Small stretch marks along her belly below her navel - Pregnancy
  • A dark burn scar to her left cheek - Hit with a flaming hand by Spy
  • Puncture mark on left hand - Bit of metal from a shattered sword
  • Smaller, irregular and faded scars pepper her body else where, most of which though are hard to notice unless looking very closely. largely from bar fighting and duskspawn.

Dress:
Normally, she has a lot of stuff in her hair, beads, feathers, and bells. You can always hear her approaching, making her no sneak thief. She'll sometimes wear a bloodstained bandanna on her head. Ezri wears a burgundy dress that hangs off her shoulder with an excess of frills along the neckline, the skirt of the dress ends above Ezri's knees, affording her the freedom of movement she's accustomed to. She'll usually wear a leather corset that ties up the back over it and a heavy leather belt that tends to hang low on her hips, weighed down with both bags and her weapon of choice. She wears black, buckled boots with this outfit, and when at sea or when it's cold, she'll also dawn a sea green and gold trimmed jacket and tights.

Body Language:
Ez carries herself well, confidence and a severe lack of shame is obvious. She can usually manage a smirk for most people, or at the very least a somewhat friendly wave, regardless of personal feelings towards them. She approaches most situations with either a playful or commanding air, with little in between. Ezri is used to leadership and often finds herself in the role, intending to or not. When Ezri is happy her smiles tend to soften her overall messy appearance. Ezri is not prone to slouching given her short stature, often keeping her head tilting up a bit to appear taller when irritated or feeling particularly pugnacious.

When it comes to being at sea Ezri is nothing shy of graceful on deck or monkeying around in rigging, even completely drunk she suffers from little difficulty carrying out seemingly complex tasks sailing. Drinking on land however, Ez is a stumbling, shambling mess.

Personality:
Ezri Connors is if anything a complex woman, capable of deep love, compassion and loyalty but willing to commit great acts of senseless and brutal violence.

Once upon a time, Ez was consumed with greed, but wondering the wastelands with nothing to her name has pretty much dissolved any point to coin for the captain. As a whole the journey to Ravenna has worn on Ezri, leaving her embittered towards people. She is now of the opinion that most people have little concern for community, and are only looking out for themselves, even if the survival of an entire town or crew is at stake. This bewildered her at first, having been raised on a ship where everyone had to do their part or get keelhauled. Now though, she just doesn't bother to rely on people anymore. New people now have an uphill battle against this predisposition she's developed. She's almost always at first, very distrustful, but once certain they mean or can do no harm to her family, she's actually rather outgoing. She'll talk to anyone about just about anything. Ezri doesn't have much if any concept of shame or humility. She can be very bold, and opinionated, full of passion and at the same time, fire. Being willing to talk to people doesn't mean she necessarily likes or dislikes them. These things aren't mutually exclusive for her.

Ezri is far from short on character flaws though. The pirate's most glaring problems are anger, violence, and ability to hold onto both when given enough cause. Ezri has the sort of temper that costs lives. Granted, as of late she takes a great deal of poking to get riled up, her temper is always there, she just has better control or knows when to walk away. The life of a pirate doesn't do much to teach someone self control, what little Ezri has is won though painful trial and error. Ezri's found that though her temper's control is getting better, she still is capable of lashing out with violence towards those she cares most for...

Loving and tender but a little broken and at times just mean, getting to know Ezri means putting the effort forth to over look her ugliness. Doing so can win you a friend for life. Ezri's devotion to family and crew is unshakable. The hard part is earning that loyalty and trust. Over the years Ezri's ability to allow people close to her has become strained. In some subconscious way, it is fear of loss, given the deaths or disappearances of previous crew or friends. Once deemed deserving her loyalty, Ezri will stand beside her friends, and give freely of what she has for their benefit. They become family to her, and their protection and well being becomes paramount her her, though it'd be a lie to say it was on the same level as it is for Bishop or Rook.

Skills:
Combat
  • Ezri's swordsmanship shows a lot of practice and well earned experience, she isn't afraid of going for killing blows and is more than knowledgeable with a blade. Due to injury to her right hand she's lost a lot of the finesse and control it once had, but after years of practice she's gained the ability to wield with her off hand. She relies heavily on speed, and quick, deadly stabs when fighting.
  • (Novice) Swordswoman - Right Handed
  • (Average) Swordswoman - Left Handed

Social
  • (Novice) Deception - Since her reformation, this skill has fallen to disuse.

Knowledge
  • (Average) Reading & Writing - Likes reading books, as its one of the few forms of entertainment on long voyages. With less than neat handwriting given she now uses her off hand.
  • (Novice) Mathematics - mostly for navigation and business

Tradeskills
  • (Advanced) Sailing - Ezri grew up at sea, she not only knows how to man every station on the ship but how to navigate the seas, read charts and rig sails. She might not have experience sailing every type of ship, but given enough time and help she'd certainly work it out.
  • (Novice) Carpentry - After studying under Solen for a year and some continued tutelage with Drake and anyone else she can get to teach her, Ezri's finally managed some discernible skill at this. She knows how to build walls, lay floors and repair roofs.
#2
Traits:
Positive:
Courageous
Gregarious
Open minded
Sociable
Stalwart

Neutral:
Recovering Alcoholic
Pugnacious
Deceitful
Immensely phobic of caves and mines.
Stubborn
Tactless

Negative:
Abusive
Bitter
Impulsive
Manipulative
Temperamental
Vindictive
Vulgar

Goals:
Short Term
  • Protect Bishop and Lapis
  • Learn to build better
Long Term
  • Raise Bishop into a good man
  • Teach Bishop and Lapis ... everything.
  • Get another ship; name it Snow

Backstory:
Born a year before the end of the War of The Veld, Ezri was one of the lucky few that don't have to live with the memory of what happened before and during. This however has saved her none from its aftermath. Her father was killed during the Purge, and her mother did her best to protect her daughter, but died from illness during a lengthy voyage to a new home. With no family the toddler was taken in by the captain of the vessel, Logan Adel.

Logan was a salty dog if there ever was one, hard as nails, drunk like a fish and could spin questionably true stories about his 'younger years' at the drop of a hat. He demanded respect and loyalty from his crew, but Ezri was always a special case. Even at her most mischievous, which was whenever she had free time, Logan couldn't find it to be too hard on her. Often his idea of punishment would be extra chores to keep the girl busy night and day. Exhaustion worked well to keep her out of trouble and by her teens the toddling cabin girl became a senior deckhand.

Sadly, living at sea didn't save them from the chaos of the civil war. After a particularly long voyage the Lapis Lady found her harbor on fire, supplies looted and the crews homes gone. With nothing left for them they had to sail on looking for a new harbor. The outlook became grim as more towns and villages turned them away, too consumed by conflict and paranoia to trust the vessel and its haggard crew. The captain grew desperate to get his crew much needed supplies and found that they were not the only ship set to drift without a harbor to call home.

The decision to raid the ship was one that shocked the crew, but they put their trust in the captain's judgment. The only member of the crew who didn't seem worried was the first mate Nore, who was quick to volunteer to lead the raiding party. Ezri wasn't so eager to start their life of crime, but she certainly grew to love it. For her their voyages where now daring adventures as they explored new seas and met and robbed exciting new people. But it was dangerous work, one by one the original crew started to die in the resulting conflicts for supplies and riches, and the new crewmates would often be criminals whose loyalty was dubious.

Ezri had begun learning swordplay before they ever became pirates, and it served her well as she'd managed to survive mostly unscathed for years as a pirate. Her skill however wasn't enough when one of their raids went poorly. The ship they'd targeted appeared to be a merchant vessel but when the crew of the Lapis Lady boarded it became apparent that it was crewed by warriors in disguise. The resulting battle killed many of the crew and the captain was mortally wounded. Ezri was there to hear his dying wish for her to 'Find new seas to sail'. Distraught by the death of her mentor and guardian Ezri retreated back to the Lapis Lady with what was left of the crew. There she found Nore already trying to leave with a small group of the new crewmates.

The young pirate would never be one to besmirch her beloved captains name by leading an open mutiny on his ship. But she couldn't let Nore's betrayal go unanswered, especially since he was likely to murder Ezri in her sleep. His rule lasted less than a week before Ezri beat him to the punch; Nore was found dead in his cabin. Not one of the crew even suspected Ezri as she'd been the one to tell them that Nore was beyond reproach as captain. Ezri as the senior crew member and with the argument of "basically being Captain Logan's brat" found herself named captain of the Lapis Lady.

After some supplies willingly donated from another ship and hiring a new crew they set sail for the Forbidden lands. Fresh seas untouched by the ships murky past made for great new hunting grounds. Though Ezri was missing the point of her captains last wish completely.

Less than a year later an intense storm caught the Lapis Lady by surprise and sunk her with most of the crew. Those that survived with the captain went their separate ways now that they were shipwrecked. Ezri however has no intention of hanging up her captains hat, and intends to build a new ship and find herself a crew.

Since losing the Lapis Lady Ezri's been left to look out for herself, and naturally she does so in the most manipulative way possible. Her personality shifts easily between either aloof to very flirtatious with a tendency to play dumb as it suits her. Nothing she says can be trusted at face value and she's usually is willing to stab someone in the back if there is enough money in it for her. Greed is only the half of it, Ezri also has a thirst for power and again, is willing to dirty her hands to get it.

Ezri isn't all bad though, she actually is quite the softy compared to others in her trade. As a rule she wouldn't attack any vessel or otherwise that has children on board and she wouldn't kill a child or someone completely defenseless even if the reward was substantial. As far as Ezri is concerned her crew is her family and no one messes with family without meeting the business end of a sword. The captain's always demanded a certain amount of self control from her crew as well, and would never allow them to cross the line into various forms of assault, particularly on women. Ezri has however been known to throw family overboard if they forget their place. So even being those she considers closest to her is a risky venture.

The Pirate's Code:
(personal moral guidelines, also forced upon any crew working for her)
  • Will not harm (with a weapon) an unarmed man, woman or child. Threats are just fine though.
  • No stealing from the impoverished.
  • Will lie, cheat, kill and steal for a friend/crew.
  • No toleration of any form of sexual assault.
  • Men and women are equals without exception.
  • The captain is always right, especially when she’s wrong.
#3
Relations
I'm not color coding anymore as Ezri's feelings on a person can't really be summed up by a color or any combination of them.

The Connors
----------------------------------------------------------
Bishop Morgan Connors
My son. My handsome boy. I love him with every piece of my black heart. He's clever, always asking questions. He's also stubborn, willful and loves to explore. I'm afraid he's a lot like Rook and I, and that may get him into trouble as he grows into a man.

Lapis Susan Connors
My beautiful girl. Like Bishop, words fail to describe how much I love her. She is painfully shy, mousing away from just about everyone. I'm not sure what I'll do with her.

Rook James Connors
My husband, father to my children, and my entire reason for being who I am. He works so hard for his family, every day, be it brewing or growing crops. I'd be nothing without him in my life. I'm tragically and hopelessly in love with him.

Adel
A leadbeater's cockatoo that Joel gave me in thanks for helping him. I'm rather attached to the little guy, he's got a lot of personality to him, he's stubborn and just a little mean, and he's learned some delightful vocabulary from me. He currently knows "Stow it." "Ahoy!" "Fuck'em" "Damnit!" "Bishop Morgan Connors"

Ravenna
----------------------------------------------------------
Arua
I trust her to do her job, and always put others first. Her constant smiling is a little off putting. I think she's a good woman, who tries to be as comforting as possible. Sometimes though, I think it seems forced.

Alex
Complicated but in the best way. His bloodied hands and mine aren't so dissimilar. I like him, I like his sense of humor and his muttered curses. I trust him with my life, and I'd protect his, he's all but family to me.

Caius
He seems back to his old self. Arrogant and self obsessed. The only thing he cares about is the giant pet rat, but even that is... questionable.

Conradian
Full of kindness and capable of great violence, he's a walking contradiction and possibly a madman; But one of my best matey's regardless. and now he's dead. I will forever miss him, he was the first person to believe I was capable of being a member of any community.

Drake
Building a ship with me, he's a strange man, and while we don't always get along I appreciate what he's doing for me.

Dusken
Good woman, I should spend more time with her. She probably could use a friend and I'm always in need of a few mateys I can rely on. I rarely see her these days, and never without Lyrxi around.

Joel
Gave me Adele who's a part of my family now. He's a good man, climbs like a monkey. I've not spoken to him in some time. I wonder what's become of him.

Julius
Accused my son of stealing, then apologized to Bishop for it. I suppose I shouldn't hold any ill will towards him for it, but he was such an arrogant bastard about it. Really though, who am I to hold a grudge for being a pain in the ass?

Kyle
Hard worker, he agreed to teach me to build. I'm hopeful he might be a little more reliable then the other men I've asked for this from. Him and Rook get along famously, one day I'm going to have drinks with him.

Lyrxi
He's a very calm man, whom I saw throw a bucket at someone once. For all his meditation, he's human like the rest of us. I never see him without Dusken.

Margretha
Shockingly, I honestly can't believe I was once so cruel to this woman. For one she actually works, that alone sets her above some others. She really is worth more respect then I'd given her in the past.

Mittendri
My best matey and sister. I trust her completely. Always my first stop for advice, and usually its rather simple and too the point. I will always remember her council, she maybe my age but she's certainly a lot wiser then I am.

Semper
Some guy from Alex's stories. Apparently he's lurking outside of town... I'm a little worried.

Spy/Caesar
So, I might of been loud, in spite of him. A man I cared deeply for had died in front of me. It's within my damn right to drink. Well, I pissed him off and got a punch to the head for it, a burn to the side of my face, and nearly choked to death in front of my daughter. I will never forgive him.

Thomas
He's grown into a fine young man. He's got a courageous heart like Zark, I am glad to have seen him grown into the man I now know. I just hope he doesn't become embittered by life.

Xemnes
Nice man, excellent with kids. I've not spoken to him in an age, and I have only heard of their wedding, I've not been invited. Not that it matters, it's not like we're terribly close or anything...

Zarkaylia
I'm so fucking confused by her. She's strong, hard headed but so weak when it comes to some things, full of worry and stress over things we can't help. I don't understand what makes Zark tick but that doesn't mean she hasn't earned my respect. We have a lot in common, but the differences at our core are so stark that I doubt we'll ever be that close.

Zee
Not a bad man, I had to get him drunk to get his story from him, but I can see the troubled man as someone worth my time. Unless he's a remarkable liar. I really don't know him well enough to know for sure, but I'm thinking he maybe earnest.
#4
[center][Image: nxbsAft.png?1][/center]
#5
A very overdue overhaul to personality and relations, some additons to scars, traits, skills and goals as well.
  


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Approved] Ezri Connors SentaiPink 1 5,378 05-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Hutchy

Forum Jump:

Ezri Connors00